The Operations Manager & Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for day-to-day operations of a medium-sized nonprofit working for LGBTQ affirmation in The United Methodist Church (UMC). The primary operational responsibilities include: leading the finance, administration, and IT infrastructure efforts. Reconciling Ministries Network is a national 501c3 non-profit organization.
Location: Chicago, IL
- Supervision – Supervise any support staff and volunteers supporting donor management, book-keeping, supplies management, etc.
- Financial –
- Work with the ED to develop annual budgets
- Work with the Director of Fund Development to ensure fundraising efforts meet financial goals
- Maintain donor records in salesforce
- Maintain reconciling community records in salesforce
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the ED and Board of Directors
- Answer questions that the finance committee or treasurer may have
- Facilitate the annual audit and publication of the Annual Report
- Facilitate creation of the organizational 990
- Work with appropriate vendors to maintain fundraising registrations in the various states. Maintain the organizational profile with vendors
- Manage payroll in conjunction with payroll services provider
- Prepare for and lead support during the annual audit
- Information Technology –
- Manage relationships with telecommunications and internet vendors
- Act as system administrator for donor management system (salesforce), accounting system (quickbooks), expense tracking system, and other administrative systems
- Recommend changes to organizational infrastructure as needed. Including update to, addition to, and retirement of various pieces of the infrastructure
- Ensure all subscriptions are maintained and updated as needed
- Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures. Policies and procedures to be approved by ED (and board when necessary) prior to implementation
- Human Resources –
- Work with ED and Committee on Finance and Administration to select and put into place health, life, and retirement benefits for eligible employees
- Ensure that options are ready for review prior to annual update
- Communication – Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Strategic Input – Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- 5 years of experience performing management and administrative functions for a non-profit organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, technology, human services, human resources or related field plus two years’ experience as described above or an equivalent combination of education, training and or experience; Masters’ degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Programs
- Proficient in use of Salesforce for non-profits including the ability to quickly create campaigns, generate custom reports, etc.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and adjust to a dynamic and often virtual workplace
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with quickbooks online, tallie expense tracking, Microsoft office Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite are desired
- Experience as Salesforce administrator
- Experience as a Quickbooks administrator
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
RMN is committed to a diverse and multicultural workforce and encourages LGBTQIA candidates, persons of color, and immigrants to apply for all openings.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and 3-4 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2019.