Reports to: Executive Director and Southeast Jurisdiction (SEJ) Regional Organizer
Requirement: Candidate must reside in Georgia
Term: This will be a one-year position with the potential for renewal
Reconciling Ministries Network (RMN) mobilizes United Methodists of all sexual orientations and gender identities to transform our Church and world into the full expression of Christ’s inclusive love.
The primary responsibilities of the Outreach Lead are to lead the development of district Reconciling groups in Georgia and other SEJ areas as assigned and to coordinate the development of and be the staff liaison to various extension ministry teams as assigned.
- Develop and build on existing RMN connections across Georgia to expand the number of Reconciling United Methodists
- Collaborate with local leaders in establishing District Reconciling Groups, and increasing the number of new Reconciling congregations, communities, and campus ministries
- Providing training, education and support to the District, Church and small groups.
- Increase the number of dedicated volunteers who are trained and active in faith-based community organizing;
- Create at least one event in each District prior to General Conference 2020 to:
- build visibility
- engage, inspire and train reconciling Methodists to counter harm to LGBTQ people
- build greater community and reduce isolation
- Coordinate the re-development of extension ministry teams. The initial focal areas will be reconciling clergy and mosaic
- Work with the PRN extension ministry to extend its reach by coordinating events and webinars in various regions
- Other as assigned by SEJ Regional Organizer or Executive Director
To be considered for a position as a Regional Organizer, applicants must demonstrate:
- Commitment to RMN’s vision and mission;
- Familiarity with United Methodist theology and form of governance
- Understanding of the issues faced by LGBTQ persons in society and within the United Methodist Church;
- Successful work experience in groups that are diverse across races, ethnicities, gender identities, and sexual orientations;
- Commitment to active spiritual grounding, radical hospitality, and peace with justice that incorporates overcoming oppression;
- Experience organizing with faith communities at a local level, direct knowledge and/or experience of Reconciling process and organizing and empowering lay people preferred;
- Interpersonal communication that models a grace-filled, positive, and professional demeanor (on the phone, via email, and face-to-face);
- Conflict management skills;
- Understanding of the importance of fund development to organizing, and an ability to communicate confidently and effectively regarding stewardship of RMN’s mission and encourage community and church members to support RMN’s mission both financially and spiritually;
- Adept organizational skills and self-motivation with the ability to identify new opportunities, while effectively utilizing existing resources with limited in-person supervision;
- Strong working knowledge of various means of electronic communication, including email and social media;
- Proficiency in software programs including Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Docs; and
- Willingness to travel as needed, and an ability to work a flexible volunteer-friendly schedule, including evenings and weekends.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to admin (at) rmnetwork.org by Friday, June 28.
Reconciling Ministries Network is committed to a diverse and multicultural workforce and encourages LGBTQIA candidates, persons of color, and immigrants to apply for all openings.