Reconciling Ministries Network (RMN) equips and mobilizes United Methodists to resist evil, injustice, and oppression as we seek justice for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
RMN currently has an opening for a half-time administrative assistant to help manage our day to day operations.
Responsibilities include maintaining answering phones, monitoring our admin email account, travel and vacation calendars, event support, database entry and reports, and general office support.
Schedule: 24-28 hour/week position. Exact hours and schedule are flexible.
Reports to: Executive Director
Purpose:To support day-to-day operation of a small non-profit organization.
Status: Non-exempt position, 24-28 hours per week
Location: Chicago, IL preferred; remote possible
1 – Administrative Support
This position is responsible for providing general administrative support as needed, including but not limited to:
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks including bill paying, check cutting, mailing checks, making deposits, invoicing, running financial reports, assisting with annual audit etc.
- Purchase office supplies and keep storage room stocked and organized
- Prepare for Board of Directors meetings
- Maintain organizational files and documents (physical and electronic) including
- Interface with vendors and suppliers
- Serve as first point of contact for the organization
- Manage donor database
- Manage repair and maintenance of office equipment, including computers, phones and printers
- Perform general administrative support
- Run monthly reports for extension ministries
2 – Special Events
- Work with event planners for special events
- Manage sponsors for special events
- Manage registrations for special events
- Manage donations at special events
3 – Communications
- Assist with print and electronic newsletters
- Assist with donor communications, including appeal and thank you letters
- Coordinate bulk mailings with our printer
- Maintain organizational archives
- Manage Reconciling Church or Community Process
- Take on additional tasks as directed by the Executive Director, Director of Fund Development, and Communications Specialist
- Minimum two years related experience; nonprofit experience a plus.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing (MS Office)
- Knowledge of Quickbooks
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment
Compensation:Starting wage is $14.00-18.00 per hour
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter by April 18th to Jan Lawrence (firstname.lastname@example.org)
RMN is committed to a diverse and multicultural workforce and encourages LGBTQIA candidates, persons of color, and immigrants to apply for all openings.