RMN Board Self-Nomination
The mission of Reconciling Ministries Network has never been more important than it is today. The Church is in crisis, but the Reconciling movement is growing. RMN is seeking candidates for the 2021 Board of Directors. We are seeking people with a heart for intersectional LGBTQ justice and who are devoted to the full welcome, inclusion, and celebration of LGBTQ people in the Church.
The RMN Board must set the vision and strategic objectives for the Reconciling movement as the Church faces a potential separation. We invite self-nominations! This information is designed to let potential candidates know the responsibilities of being a board member.
There are two kinds of board positions:
- At-Large Member of Board (3-year term which may be renewed for a second 3-year period)
- Extension Ministry Representative (two 2-year terms; Parents Reconciling Network; UMATI, UMOC, MOSAIC) – those serving are nominated by the particular Extension Ministry.
The Board of Directors is legally and ethically responsible for all activities of the RMN. To that end it:
- Determines how the organization will carry out its mission through long- and short-range planning
- Adopts an annual budget and provides fiscal oversight
- Recruits, orients, and develops board members
- Hires and evaluates the performance of the Executive Director
- Evaluates the overall performance of the organization in achieving the mission
- Establishes policies for the effective management of the organization
- Selects officers from among its members and selects others in the movement to serve on committees as needed to carry out its work
Responsibilities of each Board Director:
- Understand and promote the organization’s mission
- Be familiar with the organization’s programs, policies, and operations
- Attend Board meetings and appropriate committee meetings (typically the Board meets twice each year and attends/supports Convocations and UMC General Conferences)
- Committee Work and Other Engagement
- Actively serve on at least one committee
- Agree to special assignments as asked
- Represent RMN at events in your geographic area
- Fund Development
- Help the organization achieve its fund development goals
- Make an annual contribution to the organization
- Participate in fundraising activities and special events
- Identify and cultivate potential donors
- Give or get goal: $5000.00 annually
- Strictly adhere to conflict of interest policies
- Strictly adhere to confidentiality policies
Please complete the form below to nominate yourself for a board position.