As the new Transgender Community Organizer for RMN, Reverend Liam Hooper is pleased and excited to offer the following services to Reconciling Congregations:
- Educational workshops/training in regard to basic information, issues, theological considerations, and practical processes for accommodation and inclusion of transgender persons in life of the church addressing subjects such as:
- The differences between sexual orientation and gender identity
- Respecting proper pronouns/Affirming Personhood
- Intersectional Awareness-Raising
- Theology of Welcome and Accommodation
- How to Be/Become an Affirming, Accompanying Ally
- History of Gender and Trans-Beingness
- (and) Workshops designed to your specific needs
- Workshops specifically for transgender persons in regard to practices and processes for spiritual reconciliation, spiritual growth and development; skills and practices for coping with transition, “coming out” and disclosure, and coping with daily life in general
- Training for developing peer-led/small group spiritual reconciliation/direction, support groups for couples/individuals, study groups, and/or mentoring
- Leadership development for community leaders in regard to effective advocacy and service initiatives
- Leadership development for effective blending of story-telling with public education regarding Trans 101-based training, community conversations, etc.
- Workshops that explore Biblical stories in the context of gender and sexual ways of being so we can expand our understanding of what it means to be human beings in faithful relationship to God, our Creator, and to God’s vast and diverse continuum of people.
For discussion, inquiries, and/or arranging for Liam to visit your congregation, please contact him directly at: email@example.com