“There is neither Jew nor Greek; there is neither slave nor free; nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”Galatians 3:28 (CEB)
Reconciling United Methodists of the Susquehanna Conference welcomes and affirms people of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions into the full life and ministry of The United Methodist Church and advocate for their inclusion in all aspects of the church. We work to create safe spaces as we seek to be a healing presence for LGBTQ people, their families and allies within the church. We are a community within the Reconciling Ministries Network.
· We commit to create comfortable, safe spaces for conversation, learning, and advocacy on LGBTQ inclusion within the Susquehanna Conference.
· We seek to be a non-anxious presence in the midst of tension within our congregations, annual conference and denomination as the church discerns where God is leading.
· We strive to be a voice for people that have none – LGBTQ people and allies that remain closeted out of fear of retaliation, and other forms of spiritual harm.
· We commit to work to create a culture of trust and open communication on issues related to LGBTQ inclusion within the Susquehanna Conference.
· We encourage congregations and communities within congregations to become part of the Reconciling Ministries Network movement.
Visit the RUMs of Susquehanna Conference’s website here.