The Benson Memorial Enlarging the Circle Reconciling Community is dedicated to living with Open Hearts, Open Minds, and Open Doors. We recognize that all persons are created in the image of God, loved by God, and reconciled to God through Christ. We also believe that, in the words of John Wesley, we can love alike though we may not think alike. In that light, we are committed to welcome, affirm, embrace, and include as part of our faith community all children of God, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, sex, ability, ethnicity, national origin, culture, education, faith tradition, or family, marital or socioeconomic status, treating all equally and with dignity.
As members of Enlarging the Circle, we pledge to:
- Connect and engage with people of different perspectives and walks of life, especially those who have faced and may face discrimination;
- Accompany and support people of different perspectives and walks of life at church and other events to affirm all people’s worth and to provide safe haven;
- Advocate with others who may not understand or accept different perspectives;
- Amplify all people’s concerns and needs and help make all voices heard;
- Impede efforts to discriminate; and
- Celebrate all and rejoice with all.
Visit Enlarging the Circle’s website here.