Our Vision for a Reconciled World
When we say all people are welcome, we mean ALL people. At Oak Haven you will find:
- first generation immigrants sharing table with the descendants of Founding Fathers and Mothers;
- songs of praise in both Spanish and English;
- women and men of all kinds mutually reflecting the image of God;
- professionals and blue collar workers laboring shoulder to shoulder to assist homeless families;
- prayers of children filled with hope and elders full of wisdom;
- Anglos, Hispanics, and African-Americans; straight folks and gay folks; Republicans and Democrats; progressives and conservatives worshiping God side by side.
We welcome and affirm people regardless of race, ethnicity, age, marital status, language, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical ability, or socioeconomic situation.
We are bound together in the body of Christ by our determination to love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, to love our neighbor as ourselves, and to proclaim the good news of God’s love in Jesus Christ.
Visit Oak Haven UMC’s website here.