Champlin United Methodist Church is a progressive Christian community.
We believe in God’s love for all. We welcome and affirm everyone regardless of race, ethnicity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, faith history, economic status, physical or mental ability, and education
We also honor our United Methodist heritage by holding firm to the values of reason, experience, scripture, and tradition.
Connected with God’s Spirit through prayer, we reflect these beliefs and values in our guiding principles and choose to:
- Create a community for all people using inclusive language as a means to celebrate the contributions of all.
- Hold strong to our United Methodist roots of social justice and stand, as Jesus does, with the outcast and oppressed.
- Pursue peace so that all may have the spiritual, emotional, and intellectual wholeness that God intends.
- Use language that keeps God’s possibilities limitless.
- Encourage all ages to be critical thinkers who feel safe asking questions in church.
- Follow the teachings of Jesus, while also affirming the legitimacy of others’ pathways to God. We embrace all humanity’s search for meaning in life.
- Take the Bible seriously, but not literally. We also find inspiration in studying and listening for God’s word in other forms of spiritual expression.
- Strive to protect and restore all of God’s creation in order to maintain the integrity of the earth.
- Work together with others who share our goal for a healthy and safe community for everyone.
Visit Champlin UMC’s website here.